Monday, March 31, 2014

Chipotle Chicken Lettuce Wraps

Day 1, Week 1

I am a firm believer that healthy food does not have to be "bland" or "boring".  I do not do well with eating the same things over and over and I knew this would be one of my biggest issues with this nutritional challenge.  But I refused to let boring food be the thing that made me back out of doing this challenge! So I have made it my mission to make fun, flavorful food!  

We really enjoyed this meal!  They were full of flavor and satisfying.

Chipotle Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Adapted from: BevCooks



Enough for about 10 good size wraps


  • 2 Tbs EVOO
  • 3 large chicken breast
  • 2-3 chipotle peppers with sauce
  • 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
  • 2 limes, juiced
  • 2 cups red bell pepper, diced
  • 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained 
  • 1/8 cup green onion, sliced thinly 
  • Romain or Butter Lettuce, rinsed and leaves separated 
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Garlic 

Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.  Season your chicken with your salt, pepper and garlic and sear for about 6-8 minutes on each side until cooked through and is browned.  Move to a cutting board and let sit for about 5 minutes.  Chop chicken into small bites.

In a food processor, my favorite kitchen appliance, combine the chipotle peppers in sauce, lime juice and cilantro.  Process until mixed well and peppers are in very small pieces.

Place the red peppers, beans, and chipotle mixture into the skillet. Let cook for about a minute or 2 just to get warm. Add chicken back in and mix well. Toss in green onions.

Top those lettuce leaves with that yummy mixture and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment