Friday, March 28, 2014

Things are Changing

Disclaimer: This is a random, thought vomited blog post! :)

The last 5 weeks have been insanely busy with us! We have been extra busy with our students and activities.  Then,  I was peer pressured signed up for the CrossFit Open and it has been 5 weeks of crazy workouts.  Mr. J has been judging the open workouts so he has been busy too.  And now, I have (willingly) signed up for a nutritional challenge.

This is where things are changing, y'all! Our family diet is getting a major overhaul!  I think I have talked about how much our family diet has already changed since starting CrossFit, but I still have not been happy with it. As much as I love the "Paleo Diet", because of the clean eating aspect, I have a lot of issues with it. So for this nutritional challenge, we are doing Zone. Zone takes the 40/30/30 approach.  I actually did the zone diet back in my pageant days, but that has been a while and it is taking me a moment to wrap my head around this concept again!

This morning I made breakfast according to what I am to eat. I am trying to get the concept down before the actual start date of the challenge (Monday).  Y'all! This is a lot of food! I don't think my problem will be being hungry.

If you were around when the blog was "Life in Camelot", you will start to notice the recipes around here will be a lot different.  I still fully believe that you can enjoy food and be healthy too!

I can't wait to start this journey! I believe that our minds are often our worst enemies! And I am excited to say, that I am finally in a good place to start this journey, mentally! I will be tracking progress on here, updating you on some good, healthy recipes and I hope to learn a lot over this next 6 weeks!

Oh yeah, Happy Friday! Enjoy the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment