Thursday, March 7, 2013

This crazy, beautiful thing called life

Life has been CRAY CRAY! I am giving you guys the quick update on life, why I have been missing, and a glimpse into the new normal for us.

Let me start back in the fall.  In the late summer/early fall Mr J and I decided it was time to put our sweet little house up for sale and start to look for a larger space.


Our sweet little first home

We listed our house right after placing an offer on another house that had immediate possession so when we listed ours we also said we would allow immediate possession. After the appraisal on the house we had placed on offer on came back we decided to back out of the deal (long story), but we had already accepted an offer on our house and had a closing date.  Needless to say, we had to find a house pronto, stat, ASAP! Thankfully, my gracious parents hosted us in their beautiful basement for a couple of months. Soon after we found a house and it couldn't be more perfect We moved into our home in January, while battling 4 cases of the flu (each of us in the house had it...plus I got it a second time).

Our new home

I know I do not talk about my faith a lot on this blog...well to be honest..I am doing good to get a post up once a year! (Yes, I am working on this! For real this time!) But my faith is a HUGE part of my life.  Well, it is my life.  Mr. J and I love Jesus.  With a big, fat, I heart you, Jesus! As long as we have been married we have known that serving in full-time ministry would be some part of our future.  We had no idea what that looked like, what that would be, when or where.  Little did we know that God was paving our way the whole time.  One day I hope to share the full story on this blog just to show how awesome and how faithful God really is, but today I am trying to give the quick update.  Long story short... while the house crisis, selling and buying was going on, Mr. J went from being a Project Manager in the construction world to being a full-time youth pastor and me being a full-time pastor's wife (if you would have asked me for a list of jobs I would do in my lifetime, this would not have been on it!) Our life is now filled with a lot of teenagers, long nights, early mornings, and a very loud, active toddler! We could not be happier, more blessed, and living a more crazy life!

Mr. J and our sweet A

We have accepted that life will never be the same again, and we couldn't be happier! Times have been rough in the last couple of months, but there is so much joy in serving the Lord.

Sweet friends, expect to see much more of me and to hear much more about our life.  Also, we are in the middle of a remodel and once I have an operating kitchen, expect more recipes, fun remodeling tutorials and more! I look forward to sharing our future with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment