Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Chicken Philly Sandwiches

I am not a huge slow cooker fan, but there are those days I am so thankful for them!  Tuesdays are extremely busy for us and yesterday was one of those days I was SO thankful for my slow cooker!  I think one of the reasons that I am not a huge fan is because I have such a hard time finding recipes that I love that!  I found a great one and it will for sure be a keeper!  


Chicken Philly Sandwiches
Adapted from: Food&Family Finds

Ingredients:

  • 2 Frozen Chicken Breast
  • 2 Tablespoons Butter
  • 2 Green Bell Peppers, sliced
  • 1 Small Onion, sliced
  • 1 Package Sliced Mushrooms
  • 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
  • McCormick's Steak Seasoning
  • Emeril's Original Essence Seasoning 
  • Garlic
  • Worcestershire Sauce
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Sliced Mozzarella Cheese
  • Sliced American Cheese
  • Hoagie Buns
Place 2 tablespoons butter in the bottom of your slow cooker.  Place frozen (or fresh) chicken breast on top of butter.  Sprinkle chicken with garlic, essence seasoning, and steak seasoning.  I do not use measurements on this, I just go to town and shake until my hand gets tired. Also, feel free to use any type of seasoning you would like.  I just had these in my cabinet and they turned out great!  Add your onions, mushrooms and green peppers next.  Pour in your chicken broth.  Add a couple dashes of Worcestershire.  Add salt and pepper to your liking.  Cook on low for 6 hours.  After about 5 1/2 hours take chicken out and shred it.  Place back into slow cooker and continue cooking for another 30 minutes.

Mr. J and I like to toast our hoagie buns before we place the chicken on them.  I just stick them under the broiler for a couple of seconds until they start to brown up.  I also like to use a slotted spoon to get the chicken mixture out to help get rid of some of the juice.  Place your chicken mixture on your hoagie bun, place a slice of mozzarella and a slice of american cheese on top and place under the broiler to melt the cheese.  Place that other half of the hoagie bun on top and enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment