Sunday, January 15, 2012

Dear Experienced Mothers...Part 2

Thank you to everyone who reads my blog!  I seriously mean that! I had no idea so many of you read it until writing the "Dear Experienced Mothers" post yesterday.  I have had quiet a few people call me and come up to me apologizing and asking if this post was about them.  I can assure you, it is not.  My own mother called thinking it was about her.  Mom if you are reading this, thank you for allowing me to know when to let me learn on my own, and when to give loving and encouraging advice!  It really means a lot to me!

I hope that I have not hurt anyone or offended anyone.  That was not my intent.  My intent was to encourage the experienced mothers to love on new mothers.  To give them support.  To give them heartfelt advice without judging or critiquing their style as a mother.  Trust me experienced mothers, us new moms need you!  I am so thankful for the wonderful women I have in my life.  If it wasn't for a very special lady whom I think the world of suggesting that baby a may have an ear infection, we would probably still be trying to figure out what was going on.  And because of some great advice from some lovely ladies this weekend, I will now be trying alcohol when cleaning out her ears and a trip to the chiropractor.

Being a new mom is a daunting task.  I am constantly learning as I go and without you experienced mothers, where could I turn?  I value you, your opinion and your advice.  But there is a difference in those of you that encourage, support, uplift and give heartfelt advice and those of you that judge, criticize and make us new moms feel like we are horrible parents.

So experienced mothers, I love you!  And I love your advice and support!  And please! please! please!  Keep it coming!  And thank you so much for your love, support and heartfelt advice, without the judgmental tone and eye! I strive to be an "experienced mother" such as you one day!

Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. Chiropractor is a good choice. I use to take both of my girls from birth up til we moved. Especially Tori. She had colic and it helped tremendously. If you do not have a Chiropractor yet, I would highly recommend Kevin Estes. He is wonderful especially with little ones. My girls and I have been seeing him for along time plus my mom works there. LOL!!! I hope you all are doing well.

    ReplyDelete