Monday, December 12, 2011

Caution! Highly Addictive!

Reindeer Food...a fancy made up name for what I like to call "White Chocolate Peppermint Chex".  When first seeing this recipe I thought it looked easy and festive for the holidays so I thought, why not?  I wish I would have not made it.  The bucket is almost gone (like only a few pieces of chex left).  I recommend you do not make this if you have an addictive personality.  I promise it may be gone in one setting a couple of days.

Also, I am working on my photography skills.  I know they are on the verge of being horrible right now, but stick with me as I learn!  :)

White Chocolate Peppermint Chex
Adapted from Hooiser Homemade




Ingredients:

-5 Cups Corn Chex
-1 bag White Chocolate Chips, 12 oz
- 1/2 cup of crushed candy canes

Measure out the corn chex.  Place in a large bowl.  
Place white chocolate chips in the microwave for 1 minute, stir and then continue heating for 15 seconds at a time, until all the chips are melted and making sure to stir after each time.
Pour 2/3 of crushed candy canes in the melted chocolate.  Mix well.
Pour chocolate and candy cane mixture over the chex.  Mix well.
Pour chex mix onto a cookie sheet covered in wax paper (or on your counter).
Sprinkle remaining crushed candy canes on top.
Let set for about 20 minutes.
Gently break and place in air tight container.
Enjoy! :) 

Happy Eatings! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment