Wednesday, November 2, 2011

In a funk and lessons learned from a 28 day baby

I am seriously the worst blogger in blogging history! The last month I have been in a "funk". I have had a lot on my mind and a very heavy heart. We have been blessed to get to experience a journey with some precious people and see God work in truly amazing ways over the past month. A sweet sweet girl that I know from childhood, Sara, and her husband Troy have been through the most emotional month. Their sweet baby boy, Justice, was born on September 30th with a heart defect. Little Justice lived for only 28 days before God healed him and called him home, but little Justice did more in those 28 days than I have done in almost 26 years for God. This has really shaken me. It has shown me that my walk has been lacking here lately. I would like to blame it on many things, but really, there are no excuses. God should always be top priority but many times we push him to the back burner.

Any free moment during the day I was checking up on little Justice. Every time there was a new post from Troy or Sara I would be completely amazed by their strength and encouragement for others. They were facing the possibility of losing their child and they were busy spreading God's love and word! Would I be this strong in my faith in their situation? Little Justice fought hard for God. He spent his 28 days on earth poked and prodded on but he also spent those 28 days bringing together over 3300 people to fall on their face and to speak to the creator of the universe. I know that every minute of the day I was thinking about the Perry family and praying that God would miraculously heal little Justice. I spent more time in the word in the last 28 days than I have in the last couple of months. God truly used this little guy to do great things and bring glory and honor to His name. My constant prayer in the last month has been based off of Romans 14:8. Whether I live or die, may it be for the Lord. Also, how comforting to know no matter what, we are His!

"For none of us lives to himself, and none of us dies to himself.8 For if we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. So then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord's." Romans 14:7-8

Thank you Perry Family and Little Justice for allowing us to be along with you on this journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment