Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Motivation

I believe that anything you want to do is 1% physical ability and 99% mental.  Before Mr. J and I were married, we were both active people.  Mr. J constantly worked out and I ran and would go to the gym.  After we first got married, we still tried to remain active.  When he was deployed for almost 9 months we both put a large amount of energy and time into working out and staying fit.  Then he came home.  We both had jobs and were working crazy hours.  I LOVE to cook and LOVE to cook for Mr. J.  Things other than the gym and our bodies became priorities.  I hate to even admit this to myself, let alone the whole world...but over the course of the last 5 years I have managed to put on about 20 lbs. I am now in a mental state where I am ready to get this off! I not only want to lose weight to look better, but to feel better and be healthy for sweet A.  I want to set an example of what it means to live a healthy lifestyle but not stress over your body and being skinny.  With so much negative media about how women are suppose to look, I want to make sure and be the example for A that we should not worry about our size, but our health and wellness.  My running shoes are still in my closet and I am waiting for a break in the heat to really start running again, but have made huge changes to our diet and exercise is now a daily activity.

Now...why has it taken me 5 years?  I have no clue?  Life?  Lack of motivation?  Lack of time?  Lack of motivation? Convenience? Lack of motivation?  I believe it is all of these things, but really my lack of motivation!

So...what motivated me?  It is a funny story really...and maybe too much information.  Last week I was at my parents' house after a day out on the lake.  My parents have this HUGE shower (I call it a party shower, because I really think you could fit about 15 people in it).  I have been DYING to take a shower it in because of the wonderful rainfall shower head.  Well, not only does this shower have glass doors, but also a HUGE mirror across from it.  I literally screamed when I saw the lady in the mirror...not even recognizing myself. True motivation hit right then.

What motivates you to live a healthy lifestyle?  Not currently living it?  Join along with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment