Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Motherhood

My goal is to always be real. I would love for everyone to think that we have the perfect life. That I have everything under control and am "super wife, mom, person". But the truth is...I'm not. I know you are all shocked by this. :) I contemplated writing this post, but I have a lot of friends who are new moms or about to be moms. I know that experienced moms can relate and new moms can see there is hope in the days that seem endless. I hope that I am always real and never put on a front in real life or in this blog.

I love motherhood! Baby a has brought so much joy and happiness into our home. With that being said, not every day is all smiles and giggles. It is days like today that I want to sit in the floor and cry with her, to scream when she screams, and to basically just take a day off. After nights of no sleep, mornings of going through almost every onesie we have in the closet and a day filled with screams, I wonder if I will ever slightly figure out what to do in these situations. Even though it is very trying and some times difficult and even though I had a major break down in the bathroom because all I wanted to do was brush my teeth, I looked over and caught a glimpse of her smile and once again was reminded that the cries, screams, constant dirty clothes, piled up laundry and dirty bottles are all worth it. It also reminded me of how much she needs me at this time. And then I was quickly reminded of how much I need my heavenly father! I love how God constantly reminds us that He is there for us and all we have to do is turn to Him. Just like I am here for baby a, all she has to do is let me take care of her. What a great reminder of something so simple that I needed to see today.

As of right now, baby a is finally down for a nap :) Mom can finally get some of the dirty clothes cleaned, bottles washed and get ready for her sweet baby to wake up!

By the way...how can you not just love this face...

No comments:

Post a Comment