Wednesday, February 1, 2012

2 minute Boo Boo Pie

There is a famous little restaurant, Patti's 1880s Settlement, close to where I grew up.  They are known for two things: pork chops and pies.  My favorite pie there is the Boo Boo pie.  A brownie like pie with coconut.  It is amazing!  I have been making brownies in a mug for some time, but had the bright idea to "spruce" up my recipe by adding a few things and adding coconut!  And the best part is, you cook it in the microwave and can whip this little bad boy up in 2 minutes!

Now, I have sweet friends who do not like coconut, but do not run yet!  Get creative.  Leave out the coconut and add your favorite add-ins, or just eat it brownie style.  I don't think you will regret it!

But I warn you, these are so easy and so good, you may have them every night!

2 minute Boo Boo Pie


  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 tablespoon coconut (or your favorite add-in) 
  • pinch of salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 2 tablespoons milk or coffee (i use milk)

In a coffee cup (or mug ), stir together the dry ingredients until no lumps remain. 

Stir in the milk, vanilla and melted butter.
Cook for 1 minute (check around 30 though. Different microwaves cook differently.) 
It should be a little gooey when finished. 
Top with Whipped Cream or Ice Cream.
Enjoy! :) 

(Mr J and I share one mug!)



No comments:

Post a Comment